One day I wrote some stuff. One day you read it.

Pages

April 01, 2010

Easter Treat for your Ears: Sia Album Preview

I spent an obsene amount of time listening to Sia's album Some People Have Real Problems. It is quite a self-indulgent album in many ways, I mean that in a good way. Sometimes you're just feeling a bit sorry for yourself, and there's an album you put on to indulge in selfish moments. Well for me, that was Sia. And I didn't get overplay overkill for quite some time. Thankfully, Sia's releasing a new album in June, We Are Born. And you can listen to a six track preview now on her site.

First impressions are that it's more experimental and electronic that Some People have Real Problems. But I think ol' school fans will also be pleased. I'm really enjoying I'm In Here.

Easter is definitely in the air, and good vibes good times are to be had and shared by all. Hoorah. So far I like the tracks, but it took me a while to find nuances in Some people have real problems, so I think I will probably grow to love this album too. And trying to live up to tracks like, Lentil and Breathe Me, will always me a mammoth task. Sia, I know you can do it. If you love Sia she's also playing Camden's the Roundhouse in May as part of her The We Meaning You tour. It's a tip-top venue, and I hope you are luckier than I am, and have tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment